GET STARTED WITH AN INTRO
The only way to begin training at Bridger CrossFit is to schedule an intro session. These are by appointment only – call us to schedule at 406-551-2092.
The Intro Session is a complimentary, one-on-one, training session where you’ll get a chance to learn a lot more about our program and sample a CrossFit workout. It is by appointment only and is a prerequisite to joining our program. Its purpose is to allow us to serve you better by giving us a chance to get to know you and your goals, your experiences, and your fitness level. After the intro session, you’ll be able to choose from the variety of membership options we have.
If you would prefer to get started with Private Training, please read on below.
CROSSFIT AT HOME
Can’t wait to get started? You can try CrossFit workouts for yourself, at home or at your current gym. You can either check out our blog where we list the Workout of the Day, or you can try some of our body weight workouts. These workouts can be very difficult – they are designed to exceed the metabolic demands of the world’s fittest athletes.
1. Learn the movements. Many of the movements in these workouts may not be familiar to you. A good place to start to learn them is the Exercises and Demos page on CrossFit.com. Make sure you have mastered the mechanics of the movement before adding speed and loading.
2. Start easy. Remember, these workouts are very tough. It’s a good idea to scale the reps or the load, or to use no load at all. Take breaks as needed to get through the workout. Drink water if you need to. You will be adding intensity later.
3. Consistency is key. You will see much greater benefits by doing a workout 3 times a week or on another regular schedule than you will by doing a few workouts here and there. Make the workout a habit.
4. Lastly, add intensity, only after making sure your mechanics are sound and you are consistent. The intensity is where all the magic happens with CrossFit Workouts.
If you run into problems on your own and you want to receive personal or group instruction, or if you’d just like to learn more about CrossFit, we suggest the following tips:
- SCHEDULE an INTRO – call 406-551-2092
- Read “How To Start“
- Download “A Beginner’s Guide to CrossFit“, a CrossFit Journal Publication
- Download “What is Fitness“, a CrossFit Journal publication
- Download “CrossFit Foundations”, a CrossFit Journal publication
- Browse the wealth of knowledge on CrossFit.com
GETTING STARTED: IN PRIVATE
If you prefer to start in private you may schedule a few training sessions with one of our coaches. Getting started with personal training is right for you if:
- You need extra accountability
- You were referred by a doctor, chiropractor, or physical therapist
- You are new to exercise or have been mostly sedentary in the recent past
- You have significant health or orthopedic issues
- You have specific performance goals (running, cycling, triathlons, etc)
- You want to train on your schedule
Your trainer will tailor workouts to fit your needs, progressing you at YOUR pace. If and when you feel ready, you may choose to regular group classes. Some people choose to join the regular group classes and supplement their training with private sessions.
To get started in private, call us at 406-551-2092.